Monday, November 19, 2012

One Month Old



Date: November 17, 2012

Age: One Month

Weight: 9lbs 2oz

Length: 20 3/4in

Eat: About 4 ounces of breastmilk every 2.5 to 3 hours

Sleep: She was only catnapping during the day. Which made for a fussy evening. I re-read the Babywise, and am revamping her "schedule." So hopefully, she will not be so overtired in the evening, and not stray too far from her night schedule. She has been sleeping well through the night. Down at 9ish, a feeding at 2am, and up for the day at 6am. And no, I don't let her cry all the time for all those Babywise-haters. She has not cried more than 5 minutes (that I could help), since she was born.

Favorites: Enjoys her swing. Loves bath time. Stares at the TV during diaper changes. Paci is becoming a favorite. Sucking on her hands.

Clothing Size: Newborn clothing is becoming snug, but 0-3 Months is still a little big.

Diaper Size: Size 1

Firsts and Milestones: Holding her head up like a big girl. Loves to talk. Outgrew her newborn diapers. Blowouts. Of course, first doctor visit and first bath.

Best Moment: This whole month has been the "Best Moment." I know I can't use that next month, but it is true. I have loved every second of learning how to be Hadley's Mommy. We had a little scare, but seem to have received good news. I am considering a second opinion to just to ease my mind. Once we are certain, I may share our experience with that. I was unable to find much information, so maybe I could help someone else in that situation.

Worst Moment: While cutting her fingernails, Mommy accidentally clipped some skin. She barely flinched, but Mommy cried.

1 comment:

  1. I cut August's skin too! He cried, and I felt like the worst mom ever. She is beautiful! :) You're doing a great job, Mama!

    ReplyDelete