Friday, December 21, 2012

Two Months Old



Date: December 17, 2012

Age: Two Months

Weight: 11lbs 11oz

Length: 22 1/2in

Eat: Still taking 4.5 ounces of breastmilk every 3 hours. We had a few weeks of eating issues when her cold was at it's worst. Thankfully, my little pig has her appetite back. I upped her to the next size nipple on her bottles. She was making a clicking sound each time she sucked, so I knew she was working too hard and wanting more. We are also taking Zantac now. Her fussiness after bottles is gone. Her spitting up is also much better. She lapsed back a little during the cold, but I think it was just due to her stuffy nose and drainage. If Miss Piggy continues to finish off the last drop of her bottles, I may try adding another half or one ounce and see how she does.

Sleep: Since we have started Daycare, she is napping much better during the day. Our day still starts around 6am. She usually naps a little after each bottle. Bedtime is between 9 and 10pm. She is still getting up once around 3am for a bottle. Then we start all over again at 6am.

Favorites: Her "birdie friends" on the mobile of her swing. Talking. Blowing bubbles. Baths! Beanbags. She is finding her hands more and more fascinating. Smiling.

Clothing Size: Strictly 0 to 3 Months. No more Newborn for this chunker.

Diaper Size: Size 1

Firsts and Milestones: First big smile. Rolled over twice from her belly to back. Started Daycare. First picture with Santa. Sleeping in her crib in her room.

Best Moment: Sweet smiles. Haddie has been stingy with her smiles. I had been anxiously awaiting her to look at me and flash a big, beautiful smile. I seriously thought her first smile was going to be for Santa. She thought about it, but never committed. The first one came a day after she turned one month old. We were looking in the mirror. She looked at my reflection and smiled a big, open-mouthed smile. I was so excited! Technically, she was still smiling at me. Her next big smile was for my Dad and Cheryl. Jealous. Lately, she been smiling more and more. She is almost always in a fabulous mood in the mornings. I can usually count on my smiles then. It warms my heart each time!

Worst Moment:It has by far been dealing with her cold. I cannot describe how frustrating it is to hear her working hard to breathe and there is nothing I can do to fix it! Mommy is supposed to be able to make it all better. All I can do is try to help. We have tried it all, with little relief. I cannot wait until she is snot free. Sadly, I have a feeling it is going to be a long, snotty Winter. It was also a little bittersweet to pack up her Newborn clothing. Glad she healthy and growing, but it is going by way too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment