Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Eight and Nine Months Old




First of all, this little booger is getting harder to squeeze into an Instagram photo! These past two months have been amazing to watch. Each day she does something new to blow my mind. Let's get to the details.

Weight: 19 lbs (slightly above average)

Length: 28 3/4 in (85th percentile)

Eat: She is taking 4 ounces every 4 hours. I feel like this such a small amount, but I was crying a little every time I poured the leftovers she didn't want down the drain.  I think it must be because she is eating solids now. So, I dropped her down an ounce. My electric pump bit the dust yesterday morning. With only a couple months left, I am not buying a new one. Thanks goodness for the manual pump aka "Manuel." Sidenote: I roughly estimated how much money I have saved by exclusively pumping. It came to a whopping almost $1500! I guess that "part time job" is paying off financially.

We are working on the sippy cup. Mostly, she just chews on it. I haven't really found anything that she likes as much as milk, so she isn't as interested in drinking between bottles. But she also doesn't really like to take her milk from it either. I am not being such stickler right now. I plan on really working on it starting next month. I have heard that using the hard lids instead of the silicone tops can helping with the chewing. Maybe we should try that.

Now for the solids. She gets 4 ounces of yogurt for breakfast with some Cheerios, 2 ounces of fruit, 2 ounces of veggies, a serving of oatmeal cereal mixed in, and a piece of toast for lunch and dinner. I also let her snack on Cheerios and Puffs throughout the day with her sippy cup available. She samples anything that I am eating that is acceptable for her to have too. She loved cantaloupe from Auntie Christy, which was surprising to me. She also is a big fan of Sonic ice (Gets that from her Mama).

Sleep: Bedtime is 9pm. On a good night, she sleeps until between 6:30 and 7am. Waking maybe once or twice until she (or I) find the paci. There have been several nights lately that that isn't enough. Those nights, I usually just wind up putting her in bed with me after a few tries. That was fine and dandy until I woke up once and she was at the end of the bed! Now, I am terrified she is going to go overboard while I am sleeping. I am not sure if the bad sleeping habits are because of the change in routine on some nights or because of the FOUR top teeth she has been trying to cut forever! Maybe both. Hopefully, we can get past this and get back to our perfect sleeping habits that Mama loved for so many months...

Favorites, Firsts, and Milestones: Now for the fun stuff. Crawling! Four top teeth (trying to come in). She has found the musical instrument otherwise know as a door stopper. Says "bye, bye" and waves. She smacks her lips when she sees food. Claps her hands together and will occasionally say "Yay," while doing it. Holds her own bottle. Picks up food like a pro. Pets Kitty (not so nicely). Baths in the bathtub. Loves to be in the water. She is becoming very vocal. No more swing. First pedicure. Dances when she hears music. Got her first small shiner on the coffee table at Mamaw and Papaw's house.

Diaper Size: Size 3

Clothing Size: She can wear 9 months, but mostly, she is wearing 12 months. She has also worn a few 18 months items, especially dresses.

Worst Moment: I guess it would have to be the bump on the coffee table. That was probably the hardest bump she has taken yet. She was pretty pitiful, and took advantage of the cuddling between Mom, Mamaw, and I. She is tough, and after a few seconds of the piano app on my phone she was over it. It was really red that day, and I assumed would give her a black eye. But luckily, it barely even left a spot.

Best Moment: We have been battling an ear issue for months! Somehow and at some point, she developed a fungus (Gross, I know!) in her left ear after her tubes were put in. The ENT was unsure how or why it happened and said it was quite uncommon. It started out as drainage when she had some congestion, and then it started to have blood in with it. We tried anti fungal drops for weeks with no relief. Finally, the ENT prescribed an acetic acid (vinegar) drop to use with the anti fungal drops. Evidently, between flushing the ear with the acid and changing the pH level, we found the magic combo. Last Monday we got the all clear! Best news ever.

Our Summer is winding down. I am excited to get back to work. Haddie loves daycare too. So, that helps. Being a stay-at-home mom, has many fun parts, but I think Haddie and I are cut out for more social interaction. I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to spend so much time with Haddie during the Summer. It has been so great to see her grow and change over these past few months. I am planning to work on First Birthday Party Ideas post in the next weeks. My little tiny Haddie is almost ONE! Speaking of birthdays, I am so excited about the new royal baby! I am such of fan of Will and Kate. It is the closest thing to a real life fairy tale. Anyways, here are some photos of the big girl from the past few weeks....

Like a boss. 


Supposed to be napping


Chillaxin


Besties


First Pedi


First Shiner


She wasn't a fan of Daniel Tiger


Big Girl Seat


Caught Ya!


He loves to snuggle

No comments:

Post a Comment