Thursday, May 31, 2012

15, 16, 17, 18, and 19 Weeks - Oops!

19 Weeks


Well, it happened. I am surprised that I made it to 14 Weeks before falling on the face of Blogger. The month of May was a whirlwind! Between finishing up the school year and life in general, I didn't have much time, interest, or energy to blog. Now that school is out for Summer, I should have plenty of time to stay on track. So, I guess I have lots of catching up to do....

As usual, I will start off with my symptoms. I have not had one second of nausea so far! I am so blessed. I am still hovering under my pre-pregnancy weight, but my appetite is definitely back. I have had a few cravings: milk, cereal, ice cream, sweet tea, and french fries. But nothing that sends anyone out on a midnight run. As far as movement goes, I have been feeling little "thumps" in my lower abdomen for a few weeks now. I keep playing it off as gas, but I am beginning to wonder. It feels like someone is thumping me with their finger from the inside. It is very light and only happens once or twice. I have had some lower back and hip pain, but mostly only after doing lots of moving around. I believe that I am finally past the questionable stage with my bump. Finally. I am still wearing a mixture of pre-pregnancy and maternity clothes. However, I am still in limbo: pre-pregnancy-a little snug, maternity-a little loose. Other than the occasional round ligament pain when sneezing and some minor back aches, I really haven't even noticed I am pregnant!

At the time of my last blog (over a MONTH ago), I was a few days away from my 16 Week visit and expecting an ultrasound to confirm gender. At the start of my pregnancy, I was given a packet with a breakdown of appointments and a list of ultrasounds. Contrary to the information, Mary had done an ultrasound at every visit. So, I was expecting this to be like any other trip. Wrong. No ultrasound. I was disappointed, but I also knew that meant there would be no "ifs" or "buts" about the gender at the 20 Week visit. As long as Nugget cooperated. However, there was a tense moment. Since we weren't getting an ultrasound, Mary listened for the heartbeat with the Doppler. She placed it on my belly and moved it around. And around. And around. I could hear my own heartbeat, so I knew it was working. She kept saying it was messed up and smiling. I figured she was just trying to keep me calm. Finally, after what seemed like an hour, she turned a dial and there was the most perfect 150+ bpm sound ever! Good to go for another long, four weeks.

May was a BUSY month for a certain 22 darlings, Krishna, and me. Between 22 parent conferences, a field trip to Boynton Elementary, Last 20 Days of Fun activities, and PreK Graduation, I was beat! Each year has it's own challenges, and this year was no different. We had our share of blood, sweat, and tears. But most of all laughs and great memories. I will never forget the fun that I had with those children and their families. I love my job! And as if the Last Day of School wasn't enough to be emotional about, I walked in to a surprise "Butt Shower!" Because Nugget's gender was still MIA, the students (with help from Krishna) showered me with the essentials: diapers, wipes, etc. This was my first "shower," and I am definitely grateful to know such kind people!


Another update is the Nursery! Unfortunately, I have had about as much interest in working in that room as I have on the blog. Once again, Summer time will be my saving grace. I did finally decide on a fabric scheme. I purchased a COMPLETE bedding set that was about half the price of the bumper in the original Nursery Inspiration post! I LOVED that fabric, but I could not justify spending that much money. I went with a solid, gender neutral color bedding set. I then went shopping with my Mom to find fabric. She will be making curtains, throw pillows, and a cushion for the rocking chair. I found a really cute fabric that happened to be on clearance! Score!


I like it because it has a retro/vintage look. The sage green color of the little boy and girl's clothing matches the bedding. We paired this fabric with a red and white polka dot (A little touch of Ballerina love) and a green pin stripe. You will have to wait to see that finished product!

The past two days have included two separate trips to the doctor. Yesterday was my 20 Week Ultrasound, and today was my 20 Week checkup with Mary. The ultrasound tech was only there on Wednesday, and Mary is at another location on Wednesdays. So, I chose to make back to back trips. Christy accompanied me yesterday. Since she is in charge of the cupcakes for the upcoming Gender Party, she had to receive the news, and I didn't trust myself to deliver it. I drank a small amount of Coke on the drive to the office; I wanted to make sure that Nugget would cooperate and not hide the goods. It was amazing to see how much Nugget has changed in four weeks, and how human he/she already looks. The tech checked for all the necessary organs and growth. Nugget is right on schedule weighing 11 ounces. The heart rate was 150bpm and he/she was wiggling all around. Christy left with a picture and a big secret! At my appointment this morning, Mary had trouble with the Doppler again. This time, she said we could sneak over and use the ultrasound machine! As soon as she put the scanner down on my belly, it was a full open-legged, crotch shot! I had to turn my head immediately. That was a close call! Once again, Nugget and I are good to go for another four weeks!

Look at that precious little face!

I am sure most of you know, that we are planning a Gender Party! The time has finally come! Saturday is the day. I will be creating a blog of all the events and details, so be on the lookout! Hope you enjoyed the quick and dirty synopsis of the last five weeks. Hopefully, you won't have to suffer through that again...

No comments:

Post a Comment