Friday, July 6, 2012

24 Week Appointment Update!

We had a checkup today, and there is so much to share that I decided to blog instead of try to cram it all in a Facebook update. So, here we go...

I actually slept late this morning. Of course, since I had somewhere to be! So, I jumped up, got ready, and flew to the appointment. Once there, they did all the usual things first: pee sample, weight, and blood pressure. They never share the results of the liquid portion. So, I assume everything is fine with that. As predicted, the weight has significantly increased since 20 Weeks: six pounds! Whoa, Nelly! And the scariest of all: Blood Pressure. 117/80. So, all appears to be going well in that department. After the fun stuff was out of the way, they sent us back to the waiting room. They were actually busy today.

Speaking of busy, Ed has been working lots of overtime lately. He hasn't been able to take off from work to make the last few appointments. In turn, he hasn't gotten to see Haddie since 12 Weeks! So, we were planning to beg Mary for a sneaky ultrasound so that he could see her, AND so that I can stop stressing about her still being a Haddie! All that personalized stuff that can't be returned....

After a while, they call us back. I was hoping that Mary would have trouble with the Doppler again, and then she would do an ultrasound to check the heartbeat like last time. Nope. As soon as she put that sucker down on my belly: Woosh, woosh, woosh! Sounded perfect! I passed all my inspections! Then, she informed me that I will be taking the Glucose Test at my next visit. Joy. She gave me a choice of Orange or Fruit Punch. I went with the Fruit Punch. Not that either sounded appealing. I don't have to fast for the test, but I have to drink it about 45 minutes before my appointment. She asked if we had any questions and we asked if we could take a peek. She said that the OB was in there with a consult, and sometimes that can take a while. We had a few minutes, so we decided to wait and see if they finished up soon.

Mary is awesome! She worked it out for us! This is where the interesting things started to happen. Immediately, she announces that little Miss Haddie is BREECH! Stinker. Hopefully, she decides to turn before she gets too big. But, I am not going to spend one second worrying about it. Whatever happens will be for the best, and that's it. Because she is breech, is most likely the reason why I am the only one who has felt her so far. She was also able to get a cross-section view of the cord. She saw three vessels which is apparently a good thing. And the most important view: She is definitely still a Haddie! Sigh.



It took her a while to get a good profile shot. Once she did, we could she Haddie opening and closing her mouth and blinking! It was amazing! Looks like she is getting some meat on her bones! She also got a good shot of her leg and foot.



You can see her bent leg and flexed foot. Looks like she got her Momma's big ole feet. Poor gal! Everything looked great and I am so glad Ed got to see her! Another four weeks! Next visit, I will be into my third trimester! Where is the time going?!

2 comments: