Tuesday, July 3, 2012

24 Weeks

24 Weeks


Haddie is the size of a Cantaloupe


Not too much to share on this update. Most of the important details were in the 24 Week Appointment Update blog. Haddie and I have just been trying to stay cool! This heat has been killer! Poor Ed has to work outside in this weather, bless his heart. Little Miss is moving a lot more, or maybe I can just feel her more easily since she is growing. Ed actually saw her move! I was laying on the couch and she started going crazy. I didn't say anything, I just pointed. And he caught her! He still hasn't felt her yet though.

I have noticed that my belly can look a little lopsided. Especially, in the mornings. Obviously, I am not an expert and this is my first, but the theory that makes most sense to me is that she is wadding up on one side. If so, she enjoys the right side! There have been many mornings that I wake up and the right side of my belly is sticking up higher and is much tighter/harder than the left. I have tried to mash around and see if I can make out "parts," but I haven't had much luck with that.

Since the Nursery project is winding down, I have started focusing the other major to-do lists items before she arrives. We actually don't have very much left on that list. With the exception of a few bigger items on the registry, we are ready! The last of the ordered items are coming in. We received her diaper bag and car seat canopy last week.



I love her diaper bag! Because it isn't pink and a "purse," Ed is on board for diaper bag duty. Her convertible 5-70lb car seat is on its way and should be here Thursday. And finally, her custom, personalized coming home outfit should be shipping out by the end of the week.

We still have maternity photos, a baby shower, a hospital tour, and packing of hospital bags to do. I can't wait for the maternity photos, and I have been pinning ideas like crazy on Pinterest. The shoot will take place at the end of August or beginning of September. I want to give my belly a chance to really grow, but I don't want to wait too late! The baby shower isn't really my project. My Mom and Christy are at the reins for that one, but I am sure that I will put in my two cents. The hospital tour will probably be the most surreal thing we have done thus far. And, I have actually already started packing our hospital bags! No procrastination!

I have always been guilty when it comes to over-packing. So, I want to make sure that we have what we need, a few extras just in case, and nothing that will just be in the way. I have been doing research on other's packing list for the hospital. I have noticed that some people say certain things are a necessity and others say that didn't touch the same item. So, I have decided to mash all those lists together and pull out what I think I will use/need and what isn't necessary. I plan to take my large Vera tote as my bag, and Haddie's diaper bag for the few items for her. Her bag is actually almost packed. I just have a few items to add. I plan on doing a blog about what I put into each bag once they are packed. I also plan to check back in and let you guys know what I used, what I didn't, and what I missed. I am not sure how blogging will go once she is here, but I am optimistic that she will be cooperative!

We are getting ready to head out to see some fireworks for the Fourth! I am anxious to see how Haddie reacts to the loud booms! Everyone have a safe, and Happy Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment