Wednesday, July 18, 2012

26 Weeks

26 Weeks


Haddie is the size of a head of Lettuce


Hello! I feel like these next few weeks will be the calm before the storm. Pretty soon, we will be on "Baby Watch." But for now, I am just trying to relax and prepare. Haddie's room is not quite ready, but it is very close. Curtains are being finished. Now, all that we need are some baskets and other storage/organization things, a few knick knacks here and there to make it cute, a rug, and to seal the furniture that will take a beating. Hopefully, within the next few weeks, I will be posting the Nursery Reveal. I am so excited to share it with everyone! Now for Week 26's details.

I am feeling a little more pregnant with each day. Sitting for long periods kills my tailbone. Bending over when sitting is becoming uncomfortable. Getting up off of the furniture takes a little more effort. Nothing too drastic though. I know that once I get into the final weeks, it will be a lot different. But, for now, I am just enjoying the fact that I can actually tell that I am pregnant. And I almost to mention the heartburn. Wow. I have never had indigestion before, but lately, I definitely am a fan of Tums! I had it so bad the other night it hurt between my shoulder blades! I know the Old Wives' Tale says it means hair. If that is the case, bring on the heart burn! Lol. After all, beauty is pain. I guess that starts early.

Haddie is definitely making her presence known. There is always the occasional jab. But she has been doing some serious gymnastics in there lately. I still feel a lot of the movement down lower, so I am assuming that she hasn't decided to flip over. She still has plenty of time though. I have been noticing at night, that I have these funny vibrating sensations close to my hip bones. I was curious about what that could be. So, I did the worst thing possible: Google. Don't get me wrong, I love my Google, but there are just some things that are better solved using other means. My initial searching led me to hiccups. I knew that this was way too fast for hiccups. I felt like a cell phone was going off in my stomach. I then found an article stating that sometimes hiccups are confused with fetal seizures. FETAL SEIZURES?!? After my initial panic, I realized that the movement was to quick to be that scenario. Actually, it was probably too quick to be Haddie at all. I then found that the uterine muscles will occasionally spasm. As with any muscle, if it is over used, it can spasm from fatigue. So, mystery solved. Thankfully, I have not had any more episodes like last week.

Since we are talking about Haddie's growth, I actually took a minute to visualize how big she really is. I put up the little picture each week, and see how many inches and ounces/pounds she weighs. This week I decided to actually break out the tape measure. I can't believe she is already almost 13 inches long! To some, my baby bump is not very big. I am not sure how to take that. It kind of bothers me. I compare myself constantly to other pregnant ladies, and I have come to the conclusion that everyone is different. Anyways, when I held up the tape measure to my belly, it just doesnt seem like it is big enough to hold something 13 inches long!



This week was also exciting because we had the last ordered items come in the mail. The convertible car seat arrived. I have read the instruction manual cover to cover about three times now. Yesterday, we actually attempted to put it in the car. When I bought my car, I was thinking ahead. I thought I was buying a "family" car. It is not the biggest, but it is definitely not the smallest. Since the seat is convertible, it can face either way. I am not sure if Haddie will fit right away, so we will be borrowing a "bucket" from a friend. When we do use the seat, it will start out rear-facing. Let's just say that I will have to ride in the passenger seat when we take family outings. There is no way Ed can fit. The seat has to be pretty far forward to make room for the car seat. But, I LOVE the seat. It is very cute, and I know that she is riding in one of the safest seats available. It doesn't hurt that it will last until she weighs 70 pounds!

Getting some help from a friend to test out the seat


We also received her coming home outfit in the mail. Knowing that she would have to be strapped in the car seat, I chose an outfit with pants. It was hard to resist buying a sweet little dress or a personalized sleeper gown. (Side note: I have an unhealthy obsession with sleeper gowns! I think they are the most precious piece of clothing!) The outfit will also match her room decor once it is hung in the shadow box. OCD, much? I know. Andrea even got her some matching knit booties to wear with it. I ordered the onesie and cap from a seller on Etsy, Lil Pixie Boutique. She does a great job and provides excellent service. If you are looking for a personalized baby gift, I would definitely check her out! The pants came from Carter's. Here is what she will be styling on the way home. As long as she doesn't have an explosion in it before we leave the hospital. Of course, I have a back up already planned, just in case.



I was having some crafting withdrawls since I have been taking a break from Operation Nursery. So, I decided to decorate a wipe's case. I love the chevron pattern, but I didn't want to try to incorporate it into the nursery. I thought this would be an easy way. After trying to do a complete DIY, twice, I gave up and bought a fabric covered case from a boutique in town. I added my own touch with a felt flower and her initals.

Finished Product


I have been debating whether or not to do the 3D/4D ultrasound. Ed is all for it, but I am a little hesitant. $150 is quite a bit when you are on a baby budget. I have seen some pictures and video that are definitely worth it, but then again, I have seen some pictures that don't even resemble a human. I did get a coupon in the mail the other day for a discount on a session. Ed seemed to think that it was a sign. I know that if we are going to do it, we need to do it soon. Once she gets too big, it will be harder to get a clear picture. What are your feelings, opinions, or experiences with it?

Well, I have a batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies calling my name from the kitchen. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment