Thursday, January 17, 2013

Three Months Old

 

Date: January 17, 2013

Age: Three Months

Weight: 13lbs 10oz (Home Scale)

Length: 23 1/2in

Eat: Up to 6 ounces of breastmilk every 3 hours. She finally has her appetite back! I am thankful that I can meet her needs. I usually have ten bottles ready at all times. Lately, I have been slacking a little on squeezing my pumping sessions in. I have noticed a dip in my production. Hopefully, I can do some marathon pumping this weekend and get back where I was.

Sleep: Our sleeping has fallen into an even better routine. Even through the cold. We still keep our bedtime routine: bath is always at 9pm. Sometimes her bottle falls at 9:30pm and sometimes at 10pm. Regardless, we keep bath time the same. She is usually asleep by 10:00, and 10:30pm at the latest. She has learned to go to sleep totally on her own, with no fuss! She sleeps through the night, and I have been waking her up at 6:30am. As of now, she is a superstar sleeper. I am holding my breath though. From what I hear, something clicks around the Four Month mark and can turn sleeping routines upside down with a little something called the "Four Month Sleep Regression." We shall see...

Favorites: Raspberries (with your mouth), Baths, her reflection, the color Red, Talking, Smiling, Blowing bubbles, Covering her face to fall asleep, Sticking her tongue out, her Jumper, and Sucking on her hands and fingers

Clothing Size: 0 to 3 Months is getting snug and 3 to 6 Months is a little big.

Diaper Size: Size 2

Firsts and Milestones: First ear infections and antibiotics. Rolled over from belly to back two more times. First giggle. First fever. First trip to the Mall. Slept through the night in her crib. First Christmas and First New Year.

Best Moment: Christmas was at our house this year. I think having everyone over, great food, and family time is definitely one of the best moments this month. Haddie is surrounded by so much love! It was also comforting to see her smile through feeling like crud. I don't think I could have made it if it wasn't for her sweet smiles.

Worst Moment: I thought it was bad last month, but Haddie's cold went to a whole new level this month! I feel like all I have been talking about is her sickness, but it has literally consumed our lives for the past month! For the most part she has handled it like a champ, but the night before she was diagnosed with the double ear infection, she was down right pitiful. She just sat in my arms and moaned and whimpered with her hoarse little cry. I could barely handle it. I wanted to take it all away and there was nothing I could do. It was an extremely helpless feeling. I actually cried with her while I tried to rock and comfort her. Hopefully, that is our last bout with that for a while!

I can't believe she is already three months old! We have been blessed with such a great baby! She is so laid back and easygoing. I love watching her learn and grow each day. It doesn't matter how tired or stressed I am, one look at her and she brightens my day. I love my Haddie Bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment