Friday, June 12, 2015

Lost in Translation: Haddie-isms

It has been quite a long hiatus from my blog. A lot has changed. Haddie especially. The last time I wrote she was turning two. Now we are only four months away from turning THREE!

This year has brought many new milestones and memories. She has grown over three inches and probably only put on three pounds. Long and lean with legs for days! I would say that we are 84.5% potty trained. She wears a diaper at night and has a slight hesitation for going #2 in the potty. Other than that, we are golden! She can count into the teens, sing her ABCs, knows basic shapes and colors. She also loves to sing. "Twinkle, Twinkle," "You Are My Sunshine," "Five Little Monkeys," and "Wheels on the Bus" are just a few of her favorites. She loves to name animals and do their sounds. She loves technology and cartoons/movies. Which I sometimes worry that we are doing a little too much of the TV, so I am working on a little less screen time. She loves yogurt, pretzels, green peas, Cheerios, and gummies. Always. Everything else is hit or miss.

One of my most favorite changes is her vocabulary. As she is learning (and butchering) new words, she continues to keep me laughing. I know that it is only a matter of time before she loses the "toddler accent," so I wanted to document some of my favorites:

Bristol - biffle
bear - beer
sausage - sawmage
biscuit - sibbet
playground - greyground
motorcycle - bicycle
bumblebee - applebee
jump - shump
cover up - keyed up
pizza - peesus
chips - sips
Cherrios - chedios
pretzels - tretsels
pajamas - jamas
Snoopy - schoopy
TV - TB
friends - fwends
lotion - ocean
medicine - mezen
bologna - whoaney
mosquito bites - ski bites
Goofy - goopy
something - sumpin
And if she isn't sure what to call something, she just makes up a word.

And here are some of her most popular sayings:

"Haddie Zo"
"My Haddie's turn"
"My Haddie do it"
"It too big"
"It too little"
"It too fit"
Instead of "No more milk," she says "No milk more"
When she has to potty (no matter if it's #1 or #2), "I poopen"
"No way"
"Cwiiiiis!!!"
"Bus yo butt"
"It hurz it"
"No touchable my booboos more"
"Mezen on it"

Sentences are starting to piece together and grow. She loves to pretend to snore. A majority of her statements are followed by "mama:" "I see, mama," "let's go, mama," look, mama," "where are you, mama?" and "what you doing, mama?"She also likes to repeat directions before we do something: "wait for mama," "no wunning in road," "cars'll get zu." She recently started squealing. About everything. She is a pretty good communicator now, which helps on many levels.

I know people always talk about the "Terrible Twos," but honestly, I am a little more fearful of the "Threenager" that I am already catching glimpses of. She is a fun-loving and full of life/energy, little lady that loves to test boundaries and isn't afraid to pitch a fit. Some days bedtime doesn't come fast enough. But those are also the days that I catch my self watching videos and scrolling through pictures as soon as she is in bed. The days are definitely long, but the years are going quick. Third birthday plans are in full effect....



No comments:

Post a Comment