Friday, June 22, 2012

21 and 22 Weeks

22 Weeks



Once again, I have fallen a little behind. However, I think I have a pretty good excuse this time. A certain room in the house has been getting a lot of attention. More on that later.

Apparently, Haddie is gonna be a stubborn little booger. In my last Weekly Update, I told you about my newest trick to get Haddie to move. I thought this would be a fool proof way for Ed to feel her for the first time. As soon as he got home, I tried it. Not a thing happened! Since that post, she hasn't budged a bit for music! I have tried every trick in the book so that Ed can feel her, and no luck! I just hope that she wasn't stubborn with hiding "the goods" during the last ultrasound. Her wall letters have been painted and hung, hair bow holder completed, personalized bottle labels and coming home outfit have been ordered, and the personalized diaper bag was ordered today. I went with a frugal and reusable choice. We will be using an L.L. Bean backpack! Since it is a back pack, Ed said he would carry it and not feel silly, AND she can use it for school! L.L. Bean has a pretty sturdy product and they stand behind it. If it should fall apart in five years, I can send it back for a replacement. Not a bad investment!




So, I have a lot riding on the confirmation that Haddie is indeed a Haddie. I have known a few people who have gotten the wrong answer, and I am praying that we aren't a part of that club. I am going to beg Mary for a quick peek next Thursday. I want to double check, and of course, another peek at her!

Last week, I was dealing with probably the worst sunburn of my life! My olive-ish skin tone has always allowed me to tan easily and rarely burn. I don't have to cake my self in sunscreen. I would occasionally get a little pink on the tops of shoulders or nose. Nothing serious. Not this time. I couldn't sleep, wear clothing, or take a shower without wincing in pain. Horrible. Everyone kept telling me that pregnancy skin is much more sensitive than your normal skin. I am a believer. NOW. The saddest part is: It happened AGAIN! We went to a cook out for Father's Day by the pool. My sunburn had just faded and the peeling was finally done. I thought I was good to go. Nope. BURNT! I officially learned my lesson. For me, sunscreen is a must while pregnant. So, all you new members of the Prego Club: Take Caution!

As mentioned, Hadley's room has changed drastically this last week. I got a wild hair last Sunday, and kicked it in overdrive. I guess you could say I had another bout of nesting. I decided that since I am home alone all day while Ed is working, I should use my time wisely. Ed isn't in to the decorating aspect of things. If I need something moved, built, hung, or just some muscle, he is the go-to guy. Painting and DIY, not so much. He is still trying his hardest to find some way to incorporate sheet metal into the decor. Bless him! So, what have I been doing? Every surface in the room was repainted. Walls, of course, baseboards and doors. Every piece of furniture was painted. Most of the items were going from natural wood to white. This means each piece had to be primed, then received three coats of white paint. A few of the pieces are going to be sealed with sealer, at some point. In other words, I never want to touch a paintbrush again. I still need to hang a mirror, shelf, and some artwork. My Mom is working on the curtains. But, other than a few small projects and knick-knacks, they room is just about ready. I am not going to give much away because I am planning a big Nursery Reveal post, but I am the worst at secrets so a few hints have slipped out on Facebook. Stay tuned for the final reveal!




As we all know, Father's Day came and went. My Dad is actually in Ecuador on a mission trip, so we postponed family activities until he gets back. Instead, we hung by the pool and grilled out with the Wheelus family. I already shared how that ended for me. But, I decided Ed needed a small gift. He is technically a father! Since she is not here to help with any really cute DIY project, I found a cute poem that was actually written for a mother/son combo, and tweaked it for our situation. Then, I just picked up a couple Blurays that Ed had been wanting for a while. Once Haddie is here, I am sure date nights to the movies will be fewer and far between. So, I decided to help stock up on the "home theater collection." I trimmed it up using scraps from her Nursery to make it a little more sentimental. I don't have a picture of it put together (you couldn't read the poem), but you get the gist.




Yesterday, I spent my morning volunteering at a local consignment sale, Just Between Friends. I did this so that I get first dibs on the PreSale on Saturday! I was scoping out the entire time I was there. The main mission is to find a car seat. We are purchasing a new Britax convertible that will work from five to seventy pounds, but I really want a "bucket" for the first few months. I have a few friends who have a spare or will have a spare, but I wouldn't mind buying my own. If I find a good deal. I am being quite picky, and only looking for Chicco Keyfit 30s or Britax brand. I don't mess around with safety! There wasn't much of a selection the the drop-off, but hopefully, a few more came in after I left. I just don't want to pay $200 for a bucket, just to turn around and pay over $200 within the next year!

Today's agenda includes shopping for a baby shower gift, a few things for the Nursery, and possibly some new maternity fashion for myself. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you are starting to nest. It has hit me late. While being pregnant with Dustin I had everything ready. But after yesterday being at the hospital to make sure I wasnt contracting, John and I was more nervous cause we arent ready yet. So I told him we got to get it in gear. Thankgod for summers and no school I have to deal with. I to hope after all the ultrsounds that when the baby is delivered that they say the right gender. I would die knowing I have all pink stuff..lol..When I was pregnant with Dustin I was outside all the time and now I hardly go out until the sun is setting. This pregnancy is totally different in many ways. I have been gathering up all sorts of stuff for a girl. New experiance since I have two boys and there is not a whole lot out there for boys. I can't wait to see the nursery. And when John and I went to just between friends in the spring, I was getting so tired of standing in line to pay. John ended up waiting in line for me for over a hour while I sat in the car. He said never again..lol..but its alot of fun. Hope you find some good stuff.

    ReplyDelete