Thursday, February 27, 2014

One "Thrifty" Mama : JBF


If you haven't heard about Just Between Friends, affectionately known as JBF in the Consignment Mommies circle, then let me share! I pride myself in being crafty, but I am equally proud of another adjective: thrifty. One of my most favorite ways to be thrifty happens twice a year.

Just Between Friends (JBF) takes place at Camp Jordan in East Ridge, Tennessee. It is a week long consignment event where you can find gently used items local Moms have gathered up and are selling for GREAT prices. They have everything that you need to help you along your journey through motherhood from maternity clothing to school-aged children items. Clothes, toys, carseats/strollers, bedding, etc. You can find name brand and boutique items for almost 1/2 price!

 There are several ways you can get involved: shop, sell, and volunteer. There are great incentives for volunteers and consignors! I love to volunteer because it allows me to shop before the public. But most importantly, I get a preview of all the goodies! Consignors also get an early pass to shop. And who doesn't love making some extra cash?! The system for consignor tagging is very user-friendly and allows you to track how much you have sold throughout the sale.

I think my favorite thing about JBF is definitely the deals I get when shopping! I never worry about getting Haddie stocked up for the next season. I have found so many great deals, I can't even keep track. I think my favorite so far was last year's Easter dress. I found a beautiful Children's Place linen dress and I only paid $6! Score.



If you are someone you know has children is expecting a little bundle of joy, you don't want to miss out on these deals! If you want to make some extra cash, drop off takes place on Wednesday, March 12th and Thursday, March 13th. The PreSale for consignors and volunteers takes place on Saturday, March 15th. The Sale opens to the public on Sunday, March 16th through Friday, March 21st. On Saturday, March 22nd, many items go to 50% for even better deals!

To get involved with JBF and more detailed information about the Sale, make sure to check out the website here.

Check back in a few days for my post on how I make some extra bucks by consigning!

No comments:

Post a Comment